Ominous Intrigue Ominous Intrigue

The end

The end was the best part. With the bells and the big drum... really nice. Very well done.

Burn7 responds:

Thanks. If I ever was to remix this song then I would use my newer soundfonts that would blow this out of the water.

Drive (Full Acoustic Cover) Drive (Full Acoustic Cover)

Just some things...

I think you did a solid job with most of this song. The chord progression was played perfectly. A couple of things bothered me.
The "de-da-de-da" sound you got from picking between those two notes over the chord progression didn't do it for me. In the real song, they start quiet and build louder. I didn't hear that in your cover.
Also the transitions between chorus and verse could have flowed better.

Nice job overall.

spartan040 responds:

Thanks for the honest critique :D. You're right though, the whole thing could've gone smoother. Next time, I will try to find a better way of playing it, I think I would add a cajon in there too. The "dedadeda" sound, as for that...it should be faint and fading yet noticeable right?

Thanks again, man!

Phase Shift Phase Shift

mmmmm

That was some tasty piano.

0976 responds:

lol wai thank yew. Tastes like happy o.o'

AudioSurfer - Mushroom Forest AudioSurfer - Mushroom Forest

Great feel - minor issues

As a whole, the song is really cool. However, the 1/16th note bass kicks at the beginning seemed so out of place, and the drum transition right around 1 minute was too abrupt.

The delay on the lead really sounded cool, especially with the slides. However, the notes you played bounced around a lot, and some sort of structure would have gone along nicely with the mellow feel of the song

Anywhoski, I enjoyed it and now I'm gonna go check out some more of your stuff.

djchrispy responds:

Very constructive criticism! I'm working on some new mellow songs as we speak. These comments help! Thank you! Also my songs do have a lot of abrubt changes. I like to think of them as deceptive cadences.